Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Chapter 21

Today’s cell phones allow people to download music, read from and write to a blog, surf the web, receive emails, take and share videos. They boast features beyond making a simple telephone call. Cell phones can now send text messages, perform Internet browsing, play back music, organize personal information, contacts, etc. The mobile phone data services are most widely used for test messaging, music and picture downloads, video gaming, and video.

With popular networking sites such as MySpace and Facebook mobile telephone web access is more important than ever. Twitter has also made a huge impact on texting, microblogging, and communicating through the use of mobile phone. The portability of the mobile telephone promotes real time, living in the moment, or life presence for its user. Internet on your phone allows users to participate in an event and share their reactions and ideas with other instantly.

The Apple iPhone has added to the advancements of the mobile web. The iPhone connects to the Internet, plays multimedia, and is a fully functioning mobile phone with text and voicemail capabilities. These basics are including in addition to a touch screen, video camera, and play MP3 formatted music. With iPhone you can browse a web site, read a blog, access traffic reports, etc. With this new phone technology a rush of developers are currently building the very best and applications, benefits, and features. Mobile marketing is expensive and companies and providers have only begun to understand how to best serve information to trusted customers using this technology. In the future, no matter how expensive, mobile marketing might become a necessity to a successful campaign.

To my dismay, I do not have Internet on my phone. Not because I am trying to go against a huge social media trend, but because it is simply too expensive. This has put me at a disadvantage socially and academically for a couple of years now. For example, my internships sends out emails to us interns offering pieces and articles that we can write on for their magazine that month. When it’s first come first serve, my follow interns with Internet on their phones usually get first grab at all of the sports articles. My last article I wrote pertained to the hype of polo matches in the United States, as I am looking over my shoulder at the person next to me writing a cover piece on the Ohio State scandal. The instant connection to discuss and share your ideas instantly is a great device for potential jobs. Internet on telephones must be convenient; I think it’s time I upgrade!

1 comment: